Sunset Park Solar – Thank You!
Thank you for your interest in Sunset Park Solar! You are one step closer to purchasing discounted electricity from a local solar energy system. Community solar does not rely on renewable energy certificates (RECs) purchased from large, remote hydroelectric or wind — the solar energy is generated on rooftops right here in New York City. As a participant, you can purchase energy generated by the solar panels on the roof of the Brooklyn Army Terminal, lowering your Con Edison bill and supporting a local solar project.
- Staff from non-profit Solar One will contact you to answer your questions, review your electricity bill, and confirm that you are eligible for the community solar project.
- You will be invited to an upcoming solar information session to lean more about the project.
- You will receive an email with Co-op Power’s customer agreement and an overview of the final steps for enrollment.
- Co-op Power will notify Con Edison that you will be receiving solar energy credits from the Brooklyn Army Terminal solar installation.
- Once the solar energy system is running, you will receive solar energy credits on your Con Edison bill each month. You will also receive a solar bill from Co-op Power, but the two bills together will be less expensive than your current Con Edison bill, saving you money!
Want to multiply your impact? Tell your neighbors to sign up at sunsetparksolar.org